I want to share with you a really cool quote that my brother Gerald gave me the morning that my parents drove me to the Mass Pike (Massachushetts Turnpike) entrance in Millbury, MA. It was my first day of enlistment in the U.S. Air Force and I was to meet my Air Force recruiter “TSGT Chuck.” He was taking me to the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) in Boston, MA for processing.
I was so excited to join the Air Force and be out of the house and away from my parents’ supervision (away from the Irish apron strings!) At the time, I didn’t realize how the Air Force would change my way of thinking, forever. I was young and gung-ho and ready to take on the world….and still am (okay, maybe not so young!)
I really didn’t pay much attention to the quote Gerald gave me. It was something one of his school teachers gave him and he had it hanging on his bedroom wall. I glanced at it a few times, but never really read it.
LackLand AFB – 1981
When I got on the plane to fly down to boot camp, I finally took a moment to read the quote and was blown away by it’s message. I read it so many times, that I burned it into my subconscious mind!
I did, however, lose the quote when I was in boot camp at Lackland AFB in good old San Antonio, Texas. It probably got lost when the DI’s (Drill Instructors) were throwing our civilian clothing out the windows of the barracks. Thank goodness I memorized it!
Around Tuesday of this week I was thinking up the content of today’s blog post and this quote poped into my head, and I said to myself, “self, why don’t you see if you can do a little research and see where the saying came from?” and so I did! Here’s the quote and the source.
The Miracle of Your Mind
The mind is incredible. Once you gained mastery over it, channeling powers positively for your purpose, you can do anything. The secret is to make your mind for – not against – you.
This means constantly being positive, constantly setting up new challenges you can meet -either today, next week, or next month. “I CAN’T…” Should be permanently stricken from your vocabulary, especially the vocabulary of your thoughts. You must see yourself always growing and improving.
This quote was made by Arnold Schwarzenegger in his book Arnold: The Education Of A Bodybuilder
I was wicked surprised to find out that this is a quote from “Ahrnauld” a.k.a. “The Governator.”
“I CAN” should be the main thought upstairs in your CPU and the main phrase in your vocabulary. Think of the leg-up you’d have just by doing this…everyone else is thinking “I can’t” and you’ll be channeling positive energy which begets positive results!
Here’s some other affirmations that you should be using…
* I CAN increase my raw, natural energy
* I CAN create world-class customer service
* I CAN rid my local town/city of vandals, thieves, crack-heads, employee theft, etc.
* I CAN become the local security guru(TM)
* I CAN send out a client newsletter that will put an iron-wall around my client base
* I CAN send a WOW pre-sales package that will pre-sell my services before I show up at the client site
* I CAN perform a WOW follow-up service after the install that will knock my clients’ socks off and create even more word of mouth advertising
* I CAN leverage my client base, with a referral program that will create more word of mouth selling for me.
* I CAN create a robotic security selling system that works 24/7/365 even while I’m on vacation or sleeping or napping in my hammock out in the back yard
* I CAN treat my techs and office staff with the utmost respect and care and leverage my employees by creating a up-selling system that provides them with perks
* I CAN initiate an SEO (search engine optimized) website that will get me on the first page of Google and attract and capture prospect contact info
* I CAN network with the big-wigs in my area for better, higher-quality leads
* I CAN create maximum value for my clients
* I CAN create a business that isn’t LAME(TM): Lifeless, Annoying, Money-less and Exhausting
* I CAN create an ESP Style(TM) security business: Easy, Successful and Profitable
Your belief system is the only thing that slows you down. You need to get on the “I CAN” bandwagon and rock your world!
Now Go Dominate Your Security Market!