It’s ‘bout 10:42 AM Sunday morning, I’m driving down the MASS PIKE to Boston and Natasha and I are grooving out to the Pandora Station for “90’s Pop Music.” Oasis’ Wonderwall is on taking over the Bose sound system…
Today is gonna be the day
That they’re gonna throw it back to you
By now you should’ve somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don’t believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now
Back beat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I’m sure you’ve heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don’t believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now
The verse that always hits me is
“Back beat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out.”
Whoa… That the fire in your heart is out. The fire in your heart should never, ever, be out with so much OPPORTUNITY in the world. The only time the “fire in your heart,” should be out is when you’re six feet under, and they’re bulldozing large quantities of dirt on your coffin. But to be above ground walking around breathing in air and having no fire in your heart is a pretty depressing situation to be in. Hey, I know you can be down on your luck for a number or reasons:
– Just got a divorce (# 1 Wealth Killer on the Planet.)
– Lost a key client, cuz you didn’t stay in touch with them about new technologies.
– Your top sales rep jumped shipped to a competitor.
– Blow out with your business partner.
– Your top tech is in now business for himself and poaching your clients.
– The son or daughter doesn’t want anything to do with the family business.
– You’ve been in a 9.5 month deep-depression vortex.
– Laying awake at night staring at the ceiling because you’re afraid of expanding your business.
– Up to your eyeballs in debt.
– The wife won’t fully support your business venture.
– You can’t get out of your own way and hire a technician.
– Scaredy Cat of learning new technologies.
– Terror-stricken to give up control of your business.
– 103 lbs overweight and your blood-pressuring going through the roof.
– Petrified of hiring a sales rep.
– Working “IN” (tool pouch on) your security business, instead of working “ON” (sales & marketing) 73.5 hrs per week.
Do You Know What The Greek Word for Power Is?
The Greek word for power is DUNAMIS, the word from which we get DYNAMITE. There is a dynamic power which can transform your life; a dynamic power that can help you to rise above your inhibitions, shyness, nervousness, circumstances; a dynamic power that can enable you to reach your God-given potential; a dynamic power that can otherwise enable you to “BLOW-UP” and do the impossible. We all have a “Powder Keg,” that will let us blast through any situation in life.
But the prerequisite is having a FIRE… A SPARK in your heart, cuz if you don’t have a flicker of a flame you can’t ignite the fuse and blow to kingdom come whatever impediment is blocking you from becoming the MAN or WOMEN that you’re destined to become. You have the DYNAMITE within you to do whatever it is you set your mind too.
When you’re on your deathbed, that last things you want to recite is:
All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin’ in the sun,
Talkin’ ’bout the things
They woulda coulda shoulda done…
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little Did.
Poem by ~ Sheldon Allan Silverstein
The language of the poor is “procrastination”, the super successful security entrepreneurs are always blowing things up, and they never use the words woulda, coulda and shoulda. If they make a mistake, they just dust themselves off and say “next” and relight the fuse. They certainly are not afraid of failure.